2021 clearly became the Year of Bikepacking. Including overnights, I jammed 7 bikepacking trips in 5 months. Bonkers! It was incredibly rewarding and I learned a lot, which has streamlined my Go Kit and made it super easy to say YES to adventure (especially snack adventures).
But now that I’m in the chillax portion of the Bike Year, where I don’t feel like I need to “train” for “that big ride I want to do” anymore and I can just go sloth around in the woods on my fat bike, grinning like a kid.
My brain is always running around in the clouds though, dreaming of my next adventure. I’m pretty terrible at remembering things I haven’t written down (usually literally – in a notebook, on a post-it note, or as a Calendar event) here’s what I’m thinking about for 2022:
THE PLAN SO FAR
- Frozen Apple Ride (Peekskill, NY) <- hoping we can finally run the event!
- GIRLS+MATT BIKE CAMPING WEEKEND (TBD)
- GIRLS+MATT KINGDOM TRAILS WEEKEND (East Burke, VT)
What else is on my brain?
- Snowshoeing and fatbiking this winter
- XNHAT + Cross VT Trail mashup
- Hiking Mount Washington with my girlfriends
- WHAT ELSE IN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE??
- Katahadin 360 in Maine
- 99 Bridges (Wisconsin) <- just think of all the cow content!!
More to come …