Friends, as we start to wind down the year I am increasingly more aware that I want to set some goals for next year. I am currently about 175 miles short of 2000 miles this year, which is over triple my total mileage last year. Today’s brunch ride was cancelled due to rain, wet roads and patchy fog … so now I have to find new and innovative ways to complete my goal!
I’ve also started looking at events for next year. Here’s my preliminary goals for 2013, in no particular order:
- 3,000 miles total distance
- regular bike commuting (at least 2-3 times per week, early spring through late fall)
- century ride in Colorado
- century ride in Pennsylvania
- ride from Philadelphia to New York City
- 175 miles in two days
- go mountain biking a few more times
Other events I’m planning to register for – many repeats of this year:
- Bike NYC – Five Borough Tour (lottery system) – May 5
- Elephant Rock Ride – June 2
- Cycle Bucks County – late June
- The Lemon Ride – late July
- Scenic Schuylkill Century – early September
- BikeMS: City to Shore Two Day experience w/century option – late September
- Covered Bridge Tour of Bucks County – early October
Still looking for an event/ride in August. This is all in addition to of the BCP club rides and weekend brunch rides that I’m hoping to work in as well.
I’d love to hear your goals for 2013!
See you on the road!